Quality addiction rehab facilities rely on providing the structure needed to deploy effective treatment. This structure includes rules about what to bring to rehab and what to leave at home. While this may catch you off-guard at first, it won’t be long before you understand why. The less you have at rehab to distract you, the more you can focus on your treatment.
With the structure provided at Silver Pines Treatment Center, our warm and professional staff provide all of the resources you need to focus on treatment. Being prepared for rehab involves finding answers for any questions concerning rules, check-in procedure, or paying for rehab. We are here to help you find the information you need to make the best choice for your recovery.
What Can You Expect When You First Arrive?
Once you first arrive at our rehab in Mahanoy City PA, Silver Pines staff will greet you. You will check in and begin our rehab admissions process. During this time, a staff member will inspect your bags to ensure that everything you brought is safe and meets the treatment center policies. Staff may catalog some items to make sure that you receive them before you complete the program and return home.
If you feel that anything you are bringing may be unsafe, but are not sure, then contact the facility before you leave your home. They will be happy to let you know what items they feel are unsafe.
General Items to Bring to Rehab
Here’s a list of acceptable items to bring during your treatment program:
- Contact information of friends or family members that you would like to involve in your treatment program
- Necessary jewelry such as a wedding ring or a standard watch; we strongly advise that you leave all valuable jewelry at home
- A simple alarm clock without a radio
- Subscription medication that you are currently taking; making sure that the prescription is in the original pharmacy bottle and the bottle needs to contain all prescription information
- Any liquid medication that comes in a bottle must be unused and sealed (as if you just bought it from the store)
- Make a list of all your medication and dosages; you may also want to include your doctor and pharmacy information
Additionally, you may also want to bring:
- A small amount of spending money — preferably less than $100, broken up in small bills
- Checkbook, credit card, or debit card to pay for medications as necessary
- Driver’s license, ID cards, and insurance cards
- A prepaid calling card for long-distance calls
- A notebook or personal journal to write in
- Stamps and envelopes if you wish to write letters
Lastly, some also choose to bring photos of your friends and family for encouragement, and books. However, check with the treatment center to find out if your books are approved. Also, bring paperback books. They’re easier to carry around than hardback books.
What to Bring to Rehab: Clothing
It is almost impossible to have too many comfortable clothes. With that in mind, try to bring a minimum of seven days worth of comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing. Make sure your clothing is machine-washable and requires no special care. Also, make sure your clothing is socially appropriate and modest.
Here is a quick list of clothes:
- Comfortable shoes for everyday wear and socks
- Tennis shoes for activities
- Flip-flops or sandals
- T-shirts and tank tops
- Pants and shorts
- One or two nice outfits
And also don’t forget:
- Undergarments, pajamas, and slippers
- Bathing suit
Contact Silver Pines Treatment Center Today
At Silver Pines Treatment Center, we treat you as a whole, integrating therapies that address physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual needs. We provide comprehensive addiction treatment at our comfortable rehab in Mahanoy City PA. If you want to find out more about what to bring to rehab, then call us today at 866.345.2147. We’re here to help!