Most people understand that the United States is facing a crisis with drug-related deaths and injuries. However, it’s often difficult to know what to do. Sometimes people don’t quite understand the depth of the problem, so that makes it harder to combat. Education and awareness are the first steps in being able to counteract the effects of drug addiction. That’s why it’s important to know what the most commonly abused drugs. In addition, for those who are suffering from any type of drug addiction seeking treatment at a drug addiction recovery center in Mahanoy City PA is the first step in recovery.
Most Commonly Abused Drugs
According to the research, the drugs that are commonly abused are as follows:
- Marijuana – Marijuana ranks as the top drug. It’s suggested that the reason for this is because of its accessibility. In addition, the percentage of people with a marijuana use disorder was highest among 18- to 25-year-olds
- Opiate pain relievers – The number of people who are abusing this drug is close to 2 million, and more importantly, every day, more than 1,000 people are treated in emergency departments for misusing prescription opioids. The need for an opiate addiction rehab center in Mahanoy City PA is evident
- Cocaine – This drug has been around for many years but it still has its appeal among users. It ranks third most used drug. If you or someone you know is abusing this, a cocaine addiction rehab center in Mahanoy City PA can help with bring you through the withdrawal
- Heroin – This drug, which is usually injected, gives the user an almost instant rush. That may explain why 1in 4 people who try heroin become addicted
- Benzos – This sedative medication is usually prescribed for people with an anxiety disorder. However, it’s estimated that at least 44% of users eventually become dependent on these pills
- Meth – Crystal meth is a deadly stimulant that is highly addictive. Approximately 80-95% of stimulant-related drug deaths involve this drug
Drugs are not natural for your body or brain. In time, the body begins to tolerate them and then begins to rely on them. This is how the cycle of addiction starts for many people. Fortunately, there is hope through a drug rehab center.
Welcome to Silver Pines
At Silver Pines, our compassionate and caring staff is ready to help you find holistic healing. At our serene and safe center, you will find a peaceful environment to enhance your journey to a new life. Also, our mission is to make sure you are successful in your quest to find the right pathway to happiness. In addition, we offer a broad range of programs for those with addiction issues.
What Therapies Should I Consider?
Some of these therapy programs include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Yoga therapy
In conclusion don’t let any of the most commonly abused drugs control your life. You can overcome your addiction by going to quality drug rehab. Contact us at 866.345.2147, and we’ll get you on the road to recovery.