The 12 steps of recovery were developed by the founders of alcoholics anonymous. These steps establish the guidelines for the path to sobriety. What are the 12 steps of AA? Read below to find out more.
The AA guidelines outlined in the 12 steps have set the template for other treatment programs that help people get clean and stay clean. Treatment facilities such as Silver Pines Treatment Center use the 12 steps as part of our aftercare programs in Mahanoy City PA. It has become a powerful tool for treatment programs all over the world to help people recover from alcohol dependency.
What Are the 12 Steps?
There are various 12-step programs for addictions and different types of compulsive behaviors. These range from alcohol addiction to gambling, pornography, drugs, and other types of addiction. However, all 12-step programs have the same thing in common — the same 12 steps including:
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- We’re entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Treatment for Alcoholism
In addition to our 12-step program, we also offer a wide range of treatments for those who are suffering from alcohol addiction. Our trained and caring therapists can work with you one-on-one as you enter each stage of treatment. Our programs include the following:
- Dual diagnostic treatment
- Inpatient recovery programs
- Executive addiction treatment programs
- Cognitive behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavioral therapy
- Holistic treatment
Contact us today to find out which treatments are best for you depending on your individual circumstances and needs.
What Are the 12 Steps of AA? Find Out More Today
If you are wondering what are the 12 steps of AA, then contact Silver Pines Treatment Center. We offer a comprehensive 12-step program among other forms of therapy and treatment. To find out more, call us today at 866.345.2147. We are here to help you recover from your alcohol or drug addiction.