What are Magic Mushrooms? Magic mushrooms, A.K.A. psilocybin, are hallucinogenic mushrooms. You can eat these mushrooms, mix them with other foods, or even coat them with chocolate. Approximately 30 minutes after you eat a mushroom, you can feel their powerful hallucinogenic effects.
Once you take magic mushrooms, your perceptions of color, sound, and light may change drastically. Surfaces may seem to move. Moving objects may seem to have visible trails that linger behind them. Along with these effects, you also develop nausea, muscle weakness, and other physical changes. These effects can last between three and eight hours.
What Are Magic Mushrooms?
Psilocybin does create tolerance, meaning that more of the mushrooms must be used to get the same effect after a while. Other than tolerance, mushrooms may not be physically addictive. However, you can become psychologically addicted to this drug and develop dependence over time. This is why it’s so important to find a hallucinogen addiction treatment center in Mahanoy City PA.
But, what is psilocybin? Psilocybin has mental effects that you may have a difficult time controlling. In worst case scenarios, you experience uncontrollable anxiety, fear, or panic. In other instances, you may be unable to differentiate your hallucinations from reality, which can present the danger of injury or the possibility that you will harm someone else.
Regardless of these risks, the hallucinogenic effect that mushrooms have can be addicting to the point where you want to remain under the effects of the drug all the time.
Other Risks Associated with Mushrooms
If you take psilocybin in uncontrolled settings, you could engage in reckless behavior, such as driving while intoxicated.
You may also experience persistent, distressing alterations to the way you see the world (both physically and mentally). These effects are often visual and can last from anywhere from weeks to years after using the hallucinogen. With these effects, one can easily become addicted and may need addiction treatment.
This condition is known as (HPPD) or a flashback. A flashback is a traumatic recall of an intensely upsetting experience. The recollection of this upsetting experience during hallucinogen use would be a bad trip or a hallucination that takes a disturbing turn.
You may also experience unpleasant effects other than hallucinations, such as:
- Ongoing fear
- Syndromes that resemble schizophrenia
You may also risk accidental poisoning from eating a poisonous mushroom by mistake.
There is Help for Drug Addiction
What are magic mushrooms? If you would like to find out more about the effects of mushrooms or get help for a substance abuse addiction, then contact Silver Pines Treatment Center today at 866.345.2147. You can get the treatment you need at our hallucinogen addiction treatment center in Mahanoy City PA.